Explore the map of Algeria on WorldMap1 and discover its diverse geography, cities, and attractions. Use our interactive tool to zoom in and out, and plan your next adventure in North Africa's largest country.
Algeria is a country located in North Africa, bordered by Tunisia to the northeast, Libya to the east, Niger to the southeast, Mali to the southwest, Western Sahara and Morocco to the west, and the Mediterranean Sea to the north. Its capital and largest city is Algiers. The country's geography is characterized by a mix of coastal areas, mountains, and deserts, including the Sahara Desert which covers much of the country's southern region. To find Algeria on a map, you can look for the coordinates 28.0339° N, 1.6596° E.
You can explore the beautiful country of Algeria and discover its diverse landscapes, bustling cities, and rich culture. With our interactive map tool, you can zoom in and out to see detailed views of different regions, and even plan your next adventure in this North African gem. Whether you're interested in exploring the Sahara desert, discovering ancient Roman ruins, or simply immersing yourself in the vibrant local culture, Algeria has something for everyone. So come explore this fascinating country and all it has to offer, right here on WorldMap1's Algeria map page.
Algeria is a country located in North Africa, bordered by the Mediterranean Sea to the north, Tunisia to the northeast, Libya to the east, Niger to the southeast, Mali to the southwest, Mauritania and Western Sahara to the west. It is the largest country in Africa and the 10th largest in the world, with a population of over 44 million people.
The capital city is Algiers, and the official languages are Arabic and Berber. The country's economy is largely dependent on the export of natural resources, particularly oil and gas.
Algeria has a rich history and culture, influenced by its various conquerors, including the Phoenicians, Romans, Arabs, Ottomans, and French. Its diverse landscape ranges from the Mediterranean coast to the Sahara desert, and its natural beauty includes the stunning Tassili n'Ajjer mountain range and the Tlemcen National Park.
Algeria gained independence from France in 1962, after a long and bloody struggle for independence. The country is governed by a presidential system, and the current president is Abdelmadjid Tebboune.
Here is some statistical information about the area, population, demographics, history, and economy of Algeria:
Area: Algeria is the largest country in Africa and covers an area of 2,381,741 square kilometers (919,595 square miles).
What is the population of Algeria
The population of Algeria is estimated to be around 45 million in 202212. According to the United Nations, the current population of Algeria is 45,482,295 as of April 26, 202334. The majority of the population is Arab-Berber, with smaller groups of Tuareg, Mozabite, and other ethnicities13. Ninety-one percent of the Algerian population lives along the Mediterranean coast on 12% of the country's total land mass, and 45% of the population is urban1. Algeria is a young country, with 1 in 4 people under the age of 153.
What is the population density of Algeria
The population density of Algeria is 19.15 people per square kilometer as of 20231. However, the population density varies greatly across the country, with the majority of the population living along the Mediterranean coast on 12% of the country's total land mass23. The population density in Algiers, the capital city, is much higher, with 2,500 people per square kilometer4. The urbanization rate in Algeria is 45%, and urbanization continues despite government efforts to discourage migration to the cities.
Demographics: The majority of the population is Arab-Berber, with smaller groups of Tuareg, Mozabite, and other ethnicities. The majority of Algerians are Arab-Berber, with Arab-Berber Muslims accounting for about 99% of the population. The remaining 1% are made up of various religious and ethnic groups, including Christians, Jews, and Tuaregs.
History: Algeria was colonized by France in the 19th century and gained independence in 1962. Algeria has a long and complex history, with various empires and cultures leaving their mark on the country. It was conquered by the Phoenicians, Romans, Arabs, Ottomans, and French, and gained independence from France in 1962 after a brutal war for independence. Algeria is also a member of the African Union and the Arab League.
Economy: The country's economy is heavily reliant on oil and gas exports, which account for over 90% of its export earnings. Algeria accounts for over 90% of its exports and over 30% of its GDP. The country is also a major exporter of natural gas, and has made efforts to diversify its economy by investing in industries such as agriculture, tourism, and manufacturing. However, unemployment and poverty remain significant issues in Algeria.
A Collection of Algeria Maps and Algeria Satellite Images